The craziness of life
Well, we aren't going to be Senior Residents at Grebel. We found out a week ago that Josh and Becca Gibbins chose to stay on for another year. Actually, apparently Grebel is changing the role of the Senior Residents to include some new jobs and get rid of others. Josh and Becca are the first to have these new guidelines. They didn't give us much information on what the new position looks like but invited us to apply again next year. We'll see about that.
Life is so incredibly busy. I can't remember the last time I had a free weekend. This past weekend I organised a bridal shower for Kaitlyn from my church. The morning included a scavenger hunt that she had to complete in uptown Waterloo. We had a lot of fun but it was a lot of work. In the afternoon the more formal shower was held at our church and all the ladies of the church were invited. About 25 women showed up! It was a great time and she got some wonderful stuff.
I'm also keeping busy trying to plan the youth group's trip to San Jose. I still am under the belief that they're making it unnecessarily difficult for Canadians to attend. First I wasn't allowed to register as a Mennonite Church (because I don't attend a US congregation), next I had to say that I lived in New York (because no provinces or territories were included in the list), and now I can't apply online for a hotel. All US participants and register for a hotel and get confirmation immediately after registering. I am currently in my second week of trying to get a hotel. It's all very frustrating!
This past weekend we celebrated my dad's 50th birthday. It was a blast! We invited the whole church. My family took my dad out to supper to get him out of the house. When I called to say we were coming I was informed that none of the guests were there yet and to stall! So, I pretended I had forgotten something at our apartment. I called from there and once again was told that no one had arrived yet. We headed home anyway and hoped for the best. Well, apparently the guests started arriving right after I hung up and by the time we got home the house was full. My dad hadn't suspected a thing. It was great! Now we just have to try and pull this off again for my mom in June!
Life is so incredibly busy. I can't remember the last time I had a free weekend. This past weekend I organised a bridal shower for Kaitlyn from my church. The morning included a scavenger hunt that she had to complete in uptown Waterloo. We had a lot of fun but it was a lot of work. In the afternoon the more formal shower was held at our church and all the ladies of the church were invited. About 25 women showed up! It was a great time and she got some wonderful stuff.
I'm also keeping busy trying to plan the youth group's trip to San Jose. I still am under the belief that they're making it unnecessarily difficult for Canadians to attend. First I wasn't allowed to register as a Mennonite Church (because I don't attend a US congregation), next I had to say that I lived in New York (because no provinces or territories were included in the list), and now I can't apply online for a hotel. All US participants and register for a hotel and get confirmation immediately after registering. I am currently in my second week of trying to get a hotel. It's all very frustrating!
This past weekend we celebrated my dad's 50th birthday. It was a blast! We invited the whole church. My family took my dad out to supper to get him out of the house. When I called to say we were coming I was informed that none of the guests were there yet and to stall! So, I pretended I had forgotten something at our apartment. I called from there and once again was told that no one had arrived yet. We headed home anyway and hoped for the best. Well, apparently the guests started arriving right after I hung up and by the time we got home the house was full. My dad hadn't suspected a thing. It was great! Now we just have to try and pull this off again for my mom in June!

5 Comments:
Sounds like fun times! :)
ha! You can pull the wool over a man's eyes - we're so clueless, but good luck surprising your mom. I bet it won't happen!
-A
You're right Andy, my mom will be hard to surprise. However, my dad has many ideas and I think we just might pull it off.
One more thing....
Don't use a feigned death to get someone to go from point a to point b. :)
Happy Anniversary, you two! Any new updates?
-A
Post a Comment
<< Home